The big story in the Corruption Perceptions Index 2014 is that corruption seems to be getting worse in China, despite a two-year anti-corruption campaign.
Moldova is a small land-locked country of 3.5 million people in the heart of Europe and, amid all the turmoil in neighbouring Ukraine, we will be going to the polls on 30 November. Given our position, our large Russian-speaking population and our dependence on Russian gas, this election may determine how far Moldova can progress […]
An independent judiciary that is free of corruption and external influence is a vital component of a healthy democracy. Yet Transparency International Cambodia’s first National Integrity System assessment (NIS), shows that although it has made huge progress since the fall of the Khmer Rouge regime, Cambodia’s judiciary still has quite a long way to go. […]
As the European political and economic crisis enters its fifth year, there are few signs of optimism. The results of the 2013 Corruption Perception Index (CPI) for the region are no exception. The story in general is one of stagnation: there are more than 27 million unemployed in the EU – a figure that continues […]
Looking for a way to keep tabs on the latest corruption trends, wherever you are? We’re very pleased to announce that our original Corruption Perceptions Index iPhone application has now been updated to include the latest data on public sector corruption worldwide. The redesigned app also includes a new CPI game where you score points […]
Senegalese citizens voted in presidential elections yesterday after weeks of violent protests against incumbent President Aboulaye Wade’s effort to win a third term. Forum Civil, Transparency International’s chapter in the country has been working against the issues that threaten Senegal’s status as an established democracy. The following article was first published in the Huffington Post […]
A public opinion survey finds that corruption is a major problem across the European Union. The survey was published today by the European Commission. Two – thirds of Europeans believe corruption is a major problem in their country. Corruption continues to be one of the most important challenges facing Europe, harming the integrity of the […]
When a massive earthquake struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, there were 22 aftershocks in the days that followed. There has been a 23rd aftershock that has not yet stopped, and is just as damaging to peoples’ lives: corruption. It should be no surprise that corruption has been a barrier to Haiti’s reconstruction. Haiti public […]
In the light of the recent and considerable improvement of Rwanda’s perceived level of corruption as being one of the least corrupt countries in Africa, it is interesting to see how our National Chapter in the country is contributing to this positive change. This article presents a grassroots approach which focuses on empowering citizens and […]
Marie Chêne, Senior Research Coordinator at Transparency International, looks at the countries that are ranked highest in the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index. New Zealand, Denmark, Finland and Sweden have been consistently ranked at the top of the Corruption Perceptions Index and are perceived to be the least corrupt of all the countries surveyed. They are […]
- Youths from Asia Pacific unite in the fight against corruption 23 January 2015
- Indonesia: doing the right thing 21 January 2015
- Redefining success: incentives for cultural change in banks 16 January 2015
- Major economies move on money laundering, but what about the Cayman Islands? 14 January 2015
- No such thing as a cheap lunch 13 January 2015
- Corruption in the Americas: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly? 3 December 2014
- Asia Pacific: growing economies, growing corruption 3 December 2014
- Middle East and North Africa: a region in turmoil 3 December 2014
- Five reasons corruption is getting worse in China 3 December 2014
- Fighting corruption in Madagascar 16 December 2014
- Vote For Immunity Creates Image Of Impunity | YERELCE: […] a blog post : Is there any hope? publis...
- Billionaires: A lot of wealth, a lot of zeros and a lot of influence. | CSNBRICSAM: […] And this is just scratching the surface ...
- Claire Martin: Great piece Zuzana!...
- Mathias: Thank you for this post. It is also extremely diff...
- ¿Qué tan corrupto es tu país? Compruébalo en este mapa interactivo | United Explanations: […] y pequeños cargos públicos involucrado...