Now that the Prime Minister has signed Transparency International Malaysia’s Election Integrity Pledge (on 20 February), it is time for all of Malaysia’s political parties to step up to the plate and join the ruling party in upholding the Election Offences Act – an act that was passed in 1954. The integrity of elections is [...]
What are the benefits of a code of conduct? Ensuring better conduct by public officials is integral to building greater integrity. This is the logic behind having a code of conduct. This post is part of our series on codes of conduct. To read the first post in the series, click here. Also, be sure [...]
The following article was first published on Fox News Latino. From a strictly rational point of view, a person decides to get involved in corruption for personal advantage, usually financial profit. The less likely it is that the corrupt act will be discovered and sanctioned – and the greater the potential profit – the more likely it [...]
A New Year greeting sent by a friend reads “a wonderful 2012 filled with integrity”. A sensible wish for the year I felt, in the circumstances we live. Conventionally I could get what he meant. Yet deep inside it unravels a challenge associated with it: defining the parameters of what integrity means. The ultimate meaning [...]
Suzanne Mulcahy, Research Coordinator for National Integrity Systems Assessments at Transparency International, discusses the impact this tool can have on societies. The recent publication of the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index has put the spotlight on corruption risks in countries around the globe. Raising awareness about corruption is crucial – but the next step is [...]
Athletics, integrity awards and murals – Stephanie Twigg takes a look at Anti-Corruption Day in Palestine. Stephanie is interning in Transparency International’s Middle East and North Africa Department. At the end of a year where the political landscape in the Arab world has been transformed, Transparency International’s Palestine Chapter, AMAN, has organised a series of events [...]
In post-conflict Sri Lanka, gains in security and safety during the past 18 months following the declared end to the war with the Tamil Tigers, have not been accompanied by advances in governance and transparency. New laws have not been enacted and entrenched attitudes towards corruption remain unaddressed. This is the finding of a new [...]
Tunisia’s post-revolution spring has brought joy and genuine empowerment to the Tunisian people, but as the extent of corruption and abuse of power is revealed, a sense of bitterness and bewilderment at how a system could fail so utterly, is emerging in the Tunisian society. The issue now is not retribution but reconstruction of a [...]
Has the world ever been more fed up with corruption? In North Africa and the Middle East, disgust with corruption is one driver of the most astounding movement for political reform in decades. A recent BBC poll of more than 13,000 people across 26 countries confirms that corruption is the most talked about global problem, [...]
With the World Economic Forum (WEF) opening the doors to its annual meeting today, more than 2500 participants of government, business, media, academia and civil society are gathering in Davos to look for solutions on pressing issues. Our chair Huguette Labelle, and our Managing Director Cobus de Swardt have already arrived. We’ll be getting their [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Money laundering – are BVI leaks a game changer? 8 April 2013
- Carola: Thanks Dorthea!...
- Dorthea: Your style is so unique in comparison to other peo...
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter