The following was written by Alice Harrison, Communications and Advocacy Coordinator, and Leah Good, Programme Officer, for Transparency International’s Climate Governance Integrity Programme. Lea este artículo en español aquí. The Huilca family’s plot of land is a stark green anomaly on an otherwise arid mountainside. As we survey this small vestige of fertility from above, [...]
With the biggest climate summit in years a month away, two presidents from one of the countries most vulnerable to rising sea levels, the Maldives, have written for Transparency International about the importance of transparent and accountable responses to the challenge of climate change. Governance and climate change in the Rio +20 The Maldives is [...]
“If you don’t know how to fix it, please stop breaking it,” was the press headline when Severn Suzuki addressed heads of states in Rio de Janeiro in 1992. She was twelve years old, at what was then the world’s biggest ever political gathering. In an impassioned critique of unfettered industrialism, Severn lamented the decline [...]
A global trade dispute is brewing over the rare metals inside many of our favourite technologies such as smart phones or hybrid cars. Last year, an article published in Transparency International’s Climate Change edition of the Global Corruption Report warned about the corruption risks in the countries where many of these valuable raw materials are [...]
Alice Harrison, Communications Coordinator for TI’s Climate Governance Integrity Programme, reports from South Africa as the 2011 climate conference reaches its conclusion. As the sun rose on South Africa yesterday a burst of applause sounded from Durban’s conference hall as UN negotiators commended themselves for reaching an “historic agreement” on climate change. “We have worked [...]
All too often, climate finance initiatives are hampered by waste and corruption. More accountability is needed, argues Cobus de Swardt, Transparency International’s Managing Director. This article was originally published in The Guardian. World leaders meeting for this year’s climate conference in Durban will be under pressure to pool enough new funds to protect people from [...]
Today’s launch of the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, notes Christina zur Nedden of Transparency International’s Communications Department, serves as a timely occasion to reflect on our efforts to fight corruption in 2011. Corruption high on the agenda This has been a big year for anti-corruption work and public awareness of corruption has risen substantially. Unprecedented [...]
Manoj Nadkarni, Programme Manager of Transparency International’s Forest Governance Integrity Programme, highlights the irreversible damage that exploitation of forests by companies and governments can do. Is the forest sector more or less corrupt compared to other sectors? This is a question I am regularly asked, and the recently published Bribe Payers Index answers this and [...]
Claire Martin, Programme Coordinator in Transparency International’s Forest Governance Integrity Programme, introduces a project that reduces corruption risks in saving our forests. As a child growing up, one of the high-points of my year was the spirited wars I would wage against my friends each September, armed with just a horse chestnut, pierced through the [...]
Alice Harrison, Communications and Advocacy Coordinator for Transparency International’s Climate GovernanceIntegrity Programme, highlights the need to consider the dangers of corruption in climate finance at the upcoming G20 summit and COP17 meeting. Economic growth and environmental conservation tend to be presented in terms of either/or. In the industrialised world the environment has figured as a [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Money laundering – are BVI leaks a game changer? 8 April 2013
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter