We live in a world where 1 billion people live in extreme poverty, with less than US$1.25/day. This is the same world where the market for super yachts is booming. The 85 richest people in the world have the same wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion. The gulf between the haves and the have nots […]
Governments, academics and tech gurus over the last couple of years have been transfixed with the prospect that better and bigger data can help us solve the world’s more entrenched problems – including corruption and poverty. The United Nations has also caught on to this trend and yesterday released a report, compiled by experts, which […]
Desde sus inicios en 2011, la Alianza para el Gobierno Abierto (Open Government Partnership, OGP) ha intentado promover una visión del mundo donde los gobiernos sean transparentes, inclusivos y rindan cuentas. Y lo está logrando. La OGP comenzó con tan solo ocho países y, en la actualidad, ya son 65 los que han aceptado compartir […]
Since its inception in 2011, the Open Government Partnership (OGP) has sought to advance a vision of the world where governments are transparent, accountable, and inclusive. It is catching on. The OGP started with just eight countries and now has 65 who have agreed to share that vision and introduce practical ways to make it […]
A passionate antiquities specialist, K. blew the whistle on malpractice he witnessed on a restoration site. The result? He was called to account and has continued to suffer retaliation since. Sophia Ioannou explains what happened – and why urgent action is needed to protect K. and others who speak up against corruption. K.’s story It […]
Se le está haciendo cada vez más difícil a Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue salirse con la suya. El hijo del sempiterno presidente de Guinea Ecuatorial ha sido obligado por el gobierno de los Estados Unidos a renunciar a su lujosa mansión en Malibu, un Ferrary de colección y varias estatuas a tamaño natural de Michael […]
It’s getting harder for Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue to keep getting away with it. The son of the long-serving president of Equatorial Guinea has been forced by the US government to forfeit his cliff-top Malibu mansion, a rare Ferrari and several life-size Michael Jackson statues, all said by the US Department of Justice to have […]
A partir de mañana (Oct. 22) un grupo de representantes de gobiernos y expertos que pertenecen al Grupo de Acción Financiera (GAFI) – la Organización líder en materia de políticas contra el lavado de dinero a nivel global – se encontrará en París. La agenda incluye la adopción de un documento sobre un tema de […]
Starting tomorrow a group of government officials and experts belonging to the world’s leading anti-money laundering organisation – the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) – will be meeting in Paris. On the agenda is the adoption of a document on an issue that has major implications for the fight against crime, corruption and tax evasion […]
Transparency International took the opportunity during her visit to Berlin to accept this year’s Integrity Award, to talk to South Africa’s top corruption fighter Thuli Madonsela about her role as Public Protector, her work and the legacy she hopes to leave behind. As the Public Protector how do you fight corruption in South Africa? Our office seeks […]
- Corruption and banking: forex heralds an important change in rhetoric 19 November 2014
- Public procurement: guide to help citizens get value for their taxes 18 November 2014
- The hard business of easy access 17 November 2014
- G20 needs to boost banking supervision 12 November 2014
- Vicious cycle of money, power and influence leaves the rest of us behind 11 November 2014
- Judiciary the weakest link in Cambodia’s Integrity System 29 September 2014
- Money-laundering: too important to leave to the experts alone 21 October 2014
- Thuli Madonsela: Corruption eats away at the soul of the nation 17 October 2014
- No impunity: the law steps in to investigate 22 October 2014
- El lavado de dinero: un tema clave que no puede dejarse sólo a los expertos 21 October 2014
- VKGupta, India: Great, we in India also need such dedication to er...
- Peter Kumwenda: This is a good step taken by the United States. In...
- Thuli Madonsela- Integrity Award Winner 2014 | Transparency International-Philippines: […] Read our Q+A with Thuli Madonsela here....
- Chris: Hi Max Interesting article, the only flaw with ...
- Money Laundering: Too Important To Leave To The Experts Alone « Financial Transparency Coalition: […] Read this blog in Spanish here. […...
Latest news from Transparency International
Error: Feed is temporarily unavailable