Working on accountability in difficult contexts, it does not take long to realise the key shortcomings of established approaches to these issues – expensive workshops are held, lengthy papers are written and complex logframes are completed, but little changes on the ground. Some donors and NGOs are now much more creative – using new social [...]
When the publication of his Treatise of Human Nature met with almost universal indifference, Scottish philosopher David Hume remarked glumly that it “fell still-born from the press”. Anthony Salz – Rothschild banker and City of London grandee – will understand those sentiments after the rather muted reaction to his own tome on human nature, a [...]
In a guest blog post, Beth Lowell of Oceana reports on alarming rates of fish fraud in the United States. When you go out to your favorite seafood restaurant or pick up fish from the grocery store, you expect to leave knowing that you got what you paid for. But what if the fish you [...]
The World Bank singled out Georgia for praise last year for drastically reducing petty bribery: Georgia’s success destroys the myth that corruption is cultural and gives hope to reformers everywhere who aspire to clean up their public services.” I saw a different side to the story when I was in Georgia last month to give [...]
As the Maldives heads for presidential elections in September this year, vote buying, a culture of misuse of state resources, concerns about transparency and integrity of judicial and electoral processes, and unprecedented levels of political polarisation pose immense challenges to this troubled democracy, a pre-election assessment by Transparency Maldives has found. Vote buying One of [...]
After four months of denial, Jérôme Cahuzac, former Minister of Budget, finally admitted he had a Swiss bank account in his name, transferred to Singapore in 2009, containing close to €600,000. He has now been placed under investigation over alleged laundering of tax-fraud money. This scandal – which is shaking the French political class and [...]
Last week the massive “Offshore Leaks” investigation by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists reported the uncovering of the beneficial owners of thousands of offshore companies. Among the owners of offshore shell companies disclosed so far are several senior politicians and their close families in various countries. Just how difficult and costly is it to [...]
Around 260 Gigabytes of data from ten tax havens, 2.5 million documents, 130.000 persons from 170 countries concerned – a mega coup. But some questions are still to be answered. Today’s releases regarding #offshoreleaks include everything one can expect from good journalism in the 21st century: Collaboration: 84 journalists worked on the story, coordinated by [...]
This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and [...]
This article was cross-posted from the blog of the engine room Transparency International recently awarded grants to TI country chapters with ideas for mobilising more people in their countries around anti-corruption campaigns. The common thread among these new initiatives was a clear recognition of the potential that web and mobile-based technologies have to engage people. [...]
- Thanks, British taxpayer! Thanks Royal Bank of Scotland 22 May 2013
- UNCAC Coalition asks UN meeting to take action for transparency and accountability 22 May 2013
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- andrés: In Argentina, the capital of corruption!! http:...
- Clarissa: When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify...
- Auto Publish Plugin and Auto Share to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and 20 other Social Media sites with one Free Wordpress Plugin to Auto post Instagram, Tumblr, Foursquare. Automatically Share Blog Post. - Free Bookmarking List: [...] UNCAC Coalition asks UN meeting to take acti...
- Top 1000 High PR Social Bookmarking Sites List 2013 - Free Bookmarking List: [...] Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the J...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter