Young people constitute a sizeable portion of the Asian Pacific population and tend to be particularly exposed to bribery and corruption as students, pupils, workers, customers and citizens. But young people can play a pivotal role in the fight against corruption, in Asia Pacific and beyond. While people from the older generation tend to see […]
Jusqu’aux élections d’octobre-décembre 2013, dont les résultats ont été confirmés par la Cour Electorale Spéciale en Janvier 2014, Madagascar traversait depuis cinq ans une crise politique, pendant laquelle le gouvernement issu d’un coup d’État se révéla incapable de mettre un terme à la corruption rampante. Le pays a perdu quatre points sur l’Indice de perception […]
Before this year’s election, political crisis ruled Madagascar for the last five years as a powerless post-coup government failed to halt rampant corruption. The country dropped four points from 32 in 2012 to 28 in 2014 in our Corruption Perceptions Index. In our interview with Florent Andriamahavonjy, Executive Director of Transparency International – Initiative Madagascar […]
Three out of the bottom 10 countries on Transparency International’s 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index are from the Middle East and North Africa. Two of these three are in the midst of gruesome civil wars where lives are being lost daily. Iraq and Libya tell a story of a region in turmoil plagued with geopolitical insecurity, […]
The 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index does not show significant movement in the scores of the countries in the Americas. For the more cynical among us, this is a good sign as there is always the possibility of worsening. But the reality is that stagnation is not good news. Each year that passes without things improving, […]
The 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index scores of countries from Asia Pacific, the world’s fastest growing region, are a resounding message to leaders that, despite many public declarations and commitments, not enough is being done to fight corruption. Out of the 28 Asia Pacific countries in the index, which account for nearly 61 per cent of […]
A passionate antiquities specialist, K. blew the whistle on malpractice he witnessed on a restoration site. The result? He was called to account and has continued to suffer retaliation since. Sophia Ioannou explains what happened – and why urgent action is needed to protect K. and others who speak up against corruption. K.’s story It […]
Transparency International took the opportunity during her visit to Berlin to accept this year’s Integrity Award, to talk to South Africa’s top corruption fighter Thuli Madonsela about her role as Public Protector, her work and the legacy she hopes to leave behind. As the Public Protector how do you fight corruption in South Africa? Our office seeks […]
استخدمت فروع الشفافية الدولية في الشرق الأوسط وشمال إفريقيا والمنظمات الشريكة اليومَ العالمي للحق في المعرفة لمطالبة الحكومات بوضع موضوع الوصول إلى المعلومات على قمة أجندتها السياسية. إننا نطالب بقوانين شاملة للوصول إلى المعلومات في البلاد التي لا توجد فيها مثل هذه القوانين، وننادي على نطاق أوسع بتطبيق أكبر في البلاد التي توجد فيها القوانين بما يمكّن […]
Across the Middle East and North Africa, Transparency International chapters and partner organisations used the International Right to Know day to petition governments to put access to information high on the political agenda. We are calling for comprehensive access to information laws in countries where there are none and for greater implementation where laws exist […]
- El Poder de la Pregunta en El Salvador 2 March 2015
- The power of a question in El Salvador 2 March 2015
- ‘It has become more difficult to be corrupt in China’ 23 February 2015
- Secrecy breeds corruption 11 February 2015
- Illicit Financial Flows from Africa: a complex political problem 11 February 2015
- Major economies move on money laundering, but what about the Cayman Islands? 14 January 2015
- Secrecy breeds corruption 11 February 2015
- Corruption from Afghanistan and Russia to the USA: 3 new books 2 February 2015
- No such thing as a cheap lunch 13 January 2015
- Supporting security and development in the Americas 2 February 2015
- India beats China at tackling corruption, but not by much - Firstpost: […] On its blog on the findings, Transparenc...
- Wilbur: I had high hopes for this website - but now I see ...
- Entre 175 países, Brasil fica em 69º lugar em ranking mundial de corrupção | O Jornal de Hoje: […] sua análise sobre os resultados da Amé...
- Secrecy breeds corruption | Transparency International-Philippines: […] Transparency International by Kevin [...
- Eva Sarr: Hello Paul I enjoyed your blog. Could you tell ...