On 24 April 2013 more than a thousand garment workers died when the Rana Plaza commercial building containing several factories in Dhaka, Bangladesh collapsed shortly after work began. A few months earlier, on 24 November 2012, more than a hundred workers died when a factory burned down in another part of the city. The owners […]
On 5 April 12 million Afghanis are expected to vote to select their next president. The leading candidates have expressed their fear of corruption on the day of the election: ballot stuffing, vote buying, impersonation and voter intimidation are likely to resurface as during the last presidential elections. An unfair election will tarnish the legitimacy […]
For the students of University Laboratory School, 3 March 2014 was out of the ordinary. They had been told by their teachers over the previous few days about an exhibition of cartoons, which would be held at their school premises. And not only that, a quiz competition and anti-corruption oath-taking ceremony would follow – something […]
Saturday 8 March is International Women’s Day, and to mark the occasion we’re celebrating women corruption fighters across the world! All this week we’ll be interviewing some of the many remarkable women who fight corruption in our movement, and on Friday we’ll be profiling the women who spur YOU on to stand up against injustice. […]
It’s morning in Rome, and commuters are heading to the tube station on their way to work. Today, there’s some special entertainment in store for them – a short video with a catchy tune and a clear message: it’s time to wake up to corruption. Meanwhile, thousands of miles away in the Dominican Republic, crowds […]
The Australian government took the reins of the G20 on 1 December. In its vision it acknowledges that corruption is bad for business, but Australian business doesn’t seem to think the same, having dropped it from its top priorities for 2014. We think this is a mistake. “Corruption is a severe impediment to sustainable economic […]
It is not just enough to talk about fighting corruption or even to sign an international convention outlawing it; it’s actions that count. But recent scandals in the defence sector show that, for some countries, the ride ahead is still very long and bumpy. Take, for example, the recent developments in the AgustaWestland scandal, in […]
The annual gathering of a majority of Asia Pacific countries at the tail end of the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 casts doubt on the prediction that the 21st century will be the Asian century. Over the past decade many countries in the Asia Pacific region have achieved commendable economic and social growth. But have […]
Attending a Youth anti-corruption award ceremony at the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission in Korea turned out to be a sweaty event. Normally, travelling in Asia as soon as you enter a public building temperatures drop to below 20 degrees and one worries about catching a cold. Not this time. Last week, South Korea ordered […]
The road leading to Gandaman Dharmasati hamlet in Masrakh block of Chhapra district is quiet, with dense vegetation and fields on both sides. You do not find children playing on the road, even on the warm day in August when I visited. It was barely a month after 23 children died at school after they […]
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Arte callejero anticorrupción: Préstame tu pared 15 April 2014
- Bangladesh factory safety in spotlight 10 April 2014
- Haiti: a new anti-corruption law brings hope 7 April 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Bosnians demand a change 18 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- μπομπονιερες βαπτισης: I must thank you for the efforts youve put in penn...
- e juice: I think this is one of the most significant info f...
- water damage restoration dallas tx: My spouse and i got excited that Ervin could carr...
- mbt sko salg: Debatten har gått høyt de siste dagene, ...
- Marian Koenigsman: Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blo...