As the Maldives heads for presidential elections in September this year, vote buying, a culture of misuse of state resources, concerns about transparency and integrity of judicial and electoral processes, and unprecedented levels of political polarisation pose immense challenges to this troubled democracy, a pre-election assessment by Transparency Maldives has found. Vote buying One of [...]
This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and [...]
Now that the Prime Minister has signed Transparency International Malaysia’s Election Integrity Pledge (on 20 February), it is time for all of Malaysia’s political parties to step up to the plate and join the ruling party in upholding the Election Offences Act – an act that was passed in 1954. The integrity of elections is [...]
First TI Cambodia youth camp in pictures: Empowering young people to join the fight against corruption
130 young people from 11 provinces and municipalities attended Transparency International’s first youth camp to learn from and meet with representatives of the Anti-Corruption Unit, a law firm specialising on transparency and anti-corruption, media producers, prominent youth leaders, motivational speakers and many more. In addition to the training and experience-sharing sessions conducted by these professionals [...]
On December 9, our movement and activists around the world came together to celebrate International Anti-Corruption Day. In Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, our chapter organised a public walk against corruption.
Imagine having to pay a bribe in order to register your marriage, get a passport, report a crime or even to claim on your medical insurance. These are just a few examples taken from over 20,000 stories shared online on the Indian website, ipaidabribe.com. Similar stories of petty bribery can be heard in Greece, Zimbabwe [...]
Under the slogan ‘Let’s fight corruption in the spirit of independence and invincible youth’, Transparency International Bangladesh organised activities both at a local and national level to observe International Anti-Corruption Day 2012. Highlights were a human chain in the capital and the opening of an exhibition of cartoons about corruption. Committees of Concerned Citizens in [...]
Let the buyer beware: cheap clothing sometimes comes at a high price. Since the fire that killed 112 clothing workers in a Bangladesh factory last month, the big global retailers supplied by the factory are being asked what they do to make sure the products we buy come from safe factories? How much is corruption [...]
We will publish the 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index next Wednesday 5 December. Behind the scores are many different kinds of public sector corruption, all with their own impact on daily life. Our evidence is language. Every language has its own particular expression for abuse of power. Here are a few. In English, we refer to [...]
In September 2011, in the slum of Mumbai, the heavy monsoon rains were filling up sewage pipes to breakage point. The dirty waste from the burst pipes flooded the streets at an accelerated pace because of the continuous and strong rain pour. The residents of the slum had no choice but to walk those filthy [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- The banks of Cyprus and the pursuit of integrity 20 March 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
- Georgiana: Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog...
- Read Full Report: Your advice is amazingly significant....
- Authentic LV Outlet New York: Louis Vuitton Outlet Sales Review...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter
Latest news from Transparency International
- Public input sought on gold standard for corporate anti bribery practices
- Talking corruption and climate change in Latin America: live video stream
- La liberté d’expression en péril au Burundi
- Freedom of expression at risk in Burundi
- Bulgaria: Rock bottom election turnout exposes accountability failure of political class