From 7-10 November 2012, more than 1,000 people from around the world will gather in Brasilia for the 15th International Anti-Corruption Conference. Brazil is a particularly interesting setting for the conference. Whilst discussing and debating some of the most pertinent corruption problems and solutions, one of Brazil’s biggest corruption cases in history – the Mensalão […]
Update: Italian deputies voted 481 to 19 in favour of the law on Wednesday 31 October. Read Transparency International Italy’s press release here. Tomorrow, Italy’s Chamber of Deputies will finally vote on a new anti-corruption law, following a debate tonight. The bill was already approved by the Senate on 18 October369. While no panacea for […]
Last week we released data which found that just over half of the business people we surveyed said that their company has an anti-corruption policy in place. Whilst there is clearly much room for improvement on this result, it is nevertheless encouraging to see that many businesses around the world recognise the importance of the […]
With countries under pressure to create growth and jobs, especially for the young generation just entering the job market, dealing effectively with corruption is not only an ethical imperative; it is an imperative for the well-being of the economy and society. Elaine Dezenski, Senior Director and Head, Partnering Against Corruption Initiative, World Economic Forum, explores […]
With the revision of anti-corruption laws and the selection of new leaders of the Anti-Corruption Commission (KPK), the second half of 2011 will be a decisive time for anti-corruption activist in Indonesia, Ilham B. Saenong, Manager of Anti-Corruption Information Center, TI Indonesia, reports. Only a few years after its establishment, Indonesia’s Anti-Corruption body the KPK […]
“In looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if they don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.” The American investor Warren Buffet’s words of advice struck a chord. His words were quoted by another man intimately familiar with the world of business, K.M.Lee, Managing […]
Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for home affairs, has launched a package introducing the future anti-corruption policy of the Union last week. Find her commentary here:
Time is not on the side of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), a set of development promises made by world leaders in 2000 on everything from education to the environment. There are only another five years left to meet the ambitious targets, which include halving the number of people living on less than US$ 1 […]
In December 2006, the first Conference of States Parties agreed that “effective and efficient review of the implementation of the UN Convention against Corruption (…) is of paramount importance and urgent.” When governments met again in January 2008 in Bali, no progress was achieved. This year in September, as part of its response to the […]
I’ve been to Africa many times. I’ve visited cities and huts, met with heads of state and shared meals with local communities, but this was a special trip. It was the first time since being elected to head of our international anti-corruption movement that I am travelling to the region. With this in mind, I […]
- A promising step in Costa Rica: now for the real challenge 16 September 2014
- Un paso prometedor en Costa Rica: ahora comienza el verdadero desafío 16 September 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- Working together to stop fake agricultural products in Uganda 28 August 2014
- Lessons from the election: low levels of transparency raise red flags in Turkey 27 August 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- Messi and the International Impunity System 7 August 2014
- Rueben Lifuka: The plight of Marwa Abu Odeh and her family and th...
- International Youth Day – Corruption Fighters In The Making | Transparency International-Philippines: […] From Transparency International by Katin...
- EMPOWERING YOUTH: ANTI-CORRUPTION KIT FOR YOUNG ACTIVISTS | Youth Proactive: […] it comes to fighting corruption, many yo...
- Messi and the International Impunity System « Global Financial Integrity: […] Cross-posted from Transparency Internati...
- Felicitas Hackmann: While some people demonstrate and others donate, s...