El 6 de Marzo, el presidente colombiano Juan Manuel Santos firmó la Ley de Acceso a la Información. Esto fue el paso formal de un largo proceso liderado por organizaciones de la sociedad civil en colaboración con muchos sectores del país. El derecho de los ciudadanos a conocer en detalle el quehacer del gobierno y […]
On 6 March, Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos signed the country’s access to information law. This was the last formal step of a long process led by civil society organisations collaborating with many sectors in the country. The right of citizens to know what governments and public institutions are doing, and how public resources are […]
With more than 1 million Syrian refugees settling into Lebanon, the need to protect this vulnerable population from the inevitable onslaught of corruption that often follows displacement is crucial more than ever before. With this unfolding tragedy in mind, The Lebanese Transparency Association has opened new Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALAC) in the Bekaa […]
Imagine you were asked to work seven days a week, with no lunch breaks and no overtime pay. That you were forbidden to take a five-minute pause, or even to sit down. And if you complained, you would be fired on the spot. Until recently, this was the situation that faced four female employees of […]
Transparency International’s chapter in the Dominican Republic, Participación Ciudadana, has taken its fight to the streets of the capital city – or rather the city’s street walls – as a form of non-violent protest against corruption, particularly the kind that goes unpunished. The “Lend me your wall” (Préstame tu pared) campaign, which also focuses on […]
El capítulo nacional de Transparency International en la República Dominicana, Participación Ciudadana, ha llevado su causa a las calles de la capital, o mejor dicho a las paredes de la ciudad, como una forma de protesta no violenta contra la corrupción, sobre todo, contra aquella que queda impune. La campaña Préstame tu Pared, que también […]
On 24 April 2013 more than a thousand garment workers died when the Rana Plaza commercial building containing several factories in Dhaka, Bangladesh collapsed shortly after work began. A few months earlier, on 24 November 2012, more than a hundred workers died when a factory burned down in another part of the city. The owners […]
It has taken a long time but Haiti finally has a comprehensive anti-corruption law. On 11 March the lower house of Parliament passed legislation first drafted in 2007. For a country that has been stuck on the lowest rungs of Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index for years, this is big and welcome news. And the […]
Après plusieurs années d’attente, finalement Haïti est doté d’une loi globale de lutte contre la corruption. Le 11 mars dernier, la chambre basse du Parlement a adopté le projet de loi rédigé en 2007. Pour un pays qui, pendant des années, a stagné au plus bas niveau de l’échelle de l’Indice de Perceptions de la […]
On 5 April 12 million Afghanis are expected to vote to select their next president. The leading candidates have expressed their fear of corruption on the day of the election: ballot stuffing, vote buying, impersonation and voter intimidation are likely to resurface as during the last presidential elections. An unfair election will tarnish the legitimacy […]
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Campaign for transparency in Maldives pays off 10 July 2014
- Bangladesh: Cutting off our heads to cure a headache? 3 July 2014
- G20 anti-corruption meeting: progress, but without ambition 25 June 2014
- Three steps to (start) recovering stolen assets 12 June 2014
- How the G20 could unmask the corrupt 20 June 2014
- German-Greek arms deal corruption allegations stir renewed debate 6 June 2014
- From CEO to whistleblower 13 June 2014
- Czech construction job: honest official makes sure citizens win 17 June 2014
- javier: This happens in México all the times. So sad....
- TAPAS K. DUTTA: Nexus between the corrupt politicians, hypocrite m...
- francesco totino: A European Strategy for growth http://economicsan...
- La Cumbre del C20 en Australia | Transparencia Mexicana: […] Para conocer más sobre la Cumbre del C2...
- Derek Patterson: Shocking. Switzerland should be ashamed of itself ...