The World Bank singled out Georgia for praise last year for drastically reducing petty bribery: Georgia’s success destroys the myth that corruption is cultural and gives hope to reformers everywhere who aspire to clean up their public services.” I saw a different side to the story when I was in Georgia last month to give [...]
As today is International Women’s Day, I looked at the complaints our help centres around the world received last year to see if there is any gender difference in reporting corruption. Unfortunately, the numbers suggest there is a significant difference: in many parts of the world, women are less likely to report an incident of [...]
This post was authored by Alejandra Guzmán Galván, Communications counselor of the ALAC-El Salvador and Xenia Hernández Castro, Lawyer of the ALAC-El Salvador. Para leer la versión en español haga click aquí. On 10 January 2013 citizens contacted our Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre (ALAC) in El Salvador to report an inappropriate expenditure of public funds, [...]
Las autoras de este post son Alejandra Guzmán Galván, Asesora de comunicaciones del ALAC-El Salvador, y Xenia Hernández Castro, abogada del ALAC-El Salvador. To view the English version click here. El 10 de enero de 2013, el Centro de Asistencia Legal Anticorrupción (ALAC) El Salvador comenzó a recibir denuncias ciudadanas sobre gastos realizados por la Asamblea [...]
When asked whether corruption is a problem for women, I immediately think about the women in a local hospital who were being charged US$ 5 every time they screamed while giving birth. The impact of corruption on women is under-researched and hard to document because it is not easy for women to come forward and [...]
Corruption. Inevitable? Unstoppable? We don’t think so – and we want to hear your ideas for new ways of talking about it. Launched today, our 2011 Annual Report offers a snapshot of our activities around the world in 2011 – from the 3,500 election monitors we recruited in Guatemala through social media, to the 17 year [...]
***Since this blog post was first published, the text has been modified to note that the date of the march was moved from 24 March to 31 March*** In Zimbabwe, corruption is a daily burden all citizens have to carry: be it the bribes they pay or the disastrous public services they receive. When it [...]
In Latin America, whistleblowing has become a crucial issue in the fight against corruption. The term refers to those who report to the authorities or other responsible parties when they witness wrongdoing. Whistleblowing is often a valuable means of shedding light on instances of corruption and malpractice that may otherwise slip beneath the radar. But [...]
In the light of the recent and considerable improvement of Rwanda’s perceived level of corruption as being one of the least corrupt countries in Africa, it is interesting to see how our National Chapter in the country is contributing to this positive change. This article presents a grassroots approach which focuses on empowering citizens and [...]
Le Rwanda est perçu comme un des pays les moins corrompus d’Afrique. En vue de cette amélioration considérable, il est intéressant de regarder comment notre Section Nationale dans le pays contribue à ce changement positif. Cet article présente une approche au niveau local qui responsabilise les citoyens, et exerce de la pression sur les décideurs [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- The banks of Cyprus and the pursuit of integrity 20 March 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
- Georgiana: Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog...
- Read Full Report: Your advice is amazingly significant....
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter
Latest news from Transparency International
- Public input sought on gold standard for corporate anti bribery practices
- Talking corruption and climate change in Latin America: live video stream
- La liberté d’expression en péril au Burundi
- Freedom of expression at risk in Burundi
- Bulgaria: Rock bottom election turnout exposes accountability failure of political class