Imagina una escena en Buenos Aires, Caracas o cualquier otra capital en América: Son las 10:30 de la mañana y estás en tu coche corriendo a una cita a la que ya llegas tarde. El semáforo está en rojo, miras a la derecha, no viene ningún coche, miras a la izquierda, nada… Podrías saltarte el […]
About Alejandro SalasAlejandro Salas is Regional Director for the Americas at Transparency International.
Imagine a scene in Buenos Aires, Caracas, or any other capital city in the Americas: It is 10:30am and you are in your car rushing to an appointment for which you are already late. You are at a red light. You look to the right, no cars coming, look to the left, no-one. You can […]
In Brazil, some members of the legislature are actively lobbying for a constitutional amendment that would make certain rulings by the Supreme Court subject to congressional approval. Not surprisingly, the current proposal by the Commission on the Constitution, Justice and Citizenship was put forward by members of the Workers’ Party, the main political group affected […]
One month ago as Mauri König accepted the 2012 Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) Press Freedom Award at a gala dinner in New York, he said he was thankful to be free and alive and expressed his concern for his co-recipients from China and Kyrgyzstan who remained in prison. Today König is in hiding with […]
América: Crecimiento económico, estancamiento democrático ¿Tiene la corrupción algo que ver con esto?
Read this post in English here Para América, 2012 fue un año positivo en muchos aspectos. Importantes indicadores económicos y sociales muestran que ha habido mejoras y existe una sensación de optimismo en general en gran parte de la región, especialmente en América Latina. Mientras que la reciente campaña presidencial de Estados Unidos se centró […]
Lea el texto en Español aquí For the Americas, 2012 was largely a positive year in many ways. As important economic and social indicators show an improvement, there is a sense of optimism throughout the region, especially in Latin America. While the United States’ presidential campaign, which polarised ideas and citizens earlier this year, focused […]
The following blog post was written by Alejandro Salas, Transparency International’s Regional Director for the Americas, and Natalie Baharav, Communications Officer at Transparency International. Lea este artículo en español aquí. Presidential elections are coming up in Venezuela and it is essential for its citizenry to know when President Hugo Chavez speaks as the president, and when he […]
Escrito por Alejandro Salas, Director Regional para las Américas y Natalie Baharav, Coordinadora de Comunicaciones de Transparency International Read this blog post in English. Próximamente se celebrarán elecciones en Venezuela. Es fundamental para los ciudadanos poder distinguir cuando el Presidente Hugo Chávez habla como presidente y cuando lo hace como candidato presidencial. En la actual […]
Mexico will have a new… Puppet? Statesman? Reformer? Luddite? Maverick? Dinosaur? The question is hard to answer. The country will have a new president in December, but what role will he play? The election campaign in Mexico was long and intense. It allowed those of us who followed it from within Mexico or abroad to […]
A few weeks ago I traveled to Brazil. Early Sunday morning I got on a plane from Amsterdam to São Paulo. My seat was in row 62, the last one just next to the toilets. This is not a fun experience when you have to fly for more than ten hours. As I sat down […]
- Un viraje clave hacia la lucha contra la corrupción para la iniciativa de la OGP 28 October 2014
- A Critical Pivot towards Anti-corruption for the OGP Initiative 28 October 2014
- Speaking up for Greek whistleblowers 28 October 2014
- No a la impunidad: la ley se abre paso en las investigaciones 24 October 2014
- No impunity: the law steps in to investigate 22 October 2014
- Judiciary the weakest link in Cambodia’s Integrity System 29 September 2014
- G20 Meets to Act on Corporate Taxes – But More Needed on Corruption 18 September 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- Thuli Madonsela: Corruption eats away at the soul of the nation 17 October 2014
- Money-laundering: too important to leave to the experts alone 21 October 2014
- VKGupta, India: Great, we in India also need such dedication to er...
- Peter Kumwenda: This is a good step taken by the United States. In...
- Thuli Madonsela- Integrity Award Winner 2014 | Transparency International-Philippines: […] Read our Q+A with Thuli Madonsela here....
- Chris: Hi Max Interesting article, the only flaw with ...
- Money Laundering: Too Important To Leave To The Experts Alone « Financial Transparency Coalition: […] Read this blog in Spanish here. […...
Latest news from Transparency International
Error: Feed is temporarily unavailable