On 15 May Transparency International India invited senior figures in the defence establishment, including Defence Minister A.K. Antony, senior oversight officers from both state-owned and private defence companies, and experts from civil society to discuss the issue of corruption in defence procurement. There have been too many scandals in procurement – the AgustaWestland helicopter mess [...]
This article was first published on Trustlaw Yesterday, the British ‘businessman’ James McCormick was found guilty of fraud for selling millions of pounds worth of utterly useless bomb detectors to governments around the world, including a major contract in Iraq. A whistleblower alleges that McCormick paid millions of pounds in bribes to at least 15 [...]
$800 million. That’s the staggering amount of money said to be unlawfully transferred out of Iraq every week. Last month marked the ten year anniversary of the start of the occupation of Iraq by coalition forces. The aftermath of war and occupation has been ravaging well after the withdrawal of foreign troops. The US Special [...]
Corruption in the Peruvian police has hit the headlines for two reasons: The Peruvian authorities have decided to start a rotating system of 80% of their policemen in order for these to be more difficult to get involved in organised crime activities; between 2011 and 2012 there were 6.000 policemen being investigated for corruption. Samuel [...]
Anti-corruption training is not adequately addressed in the majority of countries surveyed in TI-DSP’s Government Defence Anti-Corruption Index. TI-DSP has been addressing this gap through Building Integrity courses which have been delivered to over 600 mid to senior defence staff since 2008. Two recent impact analysis of course alumni found this course has had a [...]
Magdalena Reinberg works with Transparency Austria in Vienna, Tiffany Clarke with Transparency’s International Defence & Security Programme in London and Christian Humborg with Transparency Germany in Berlin. They write about recent corruption allegations against British weapons manufacturer BAE Systems. As mentioned in TI-UK’s blog from 5 February 2013, the revelations in the Sunday Times show that it [...]
América: Crecimiento económico, estancamiento democrático ¿Tiene la corrupción algo que ver con esto?
Read this post in English here Para América, 2012 fue un año positivo en muchos aspectos. Importantes indicadores económicos y sociales muestran que ha habido mejoras y existe una sensación de optimismo en general en gran parte de la región, especialmente en América Latina. Mientras que la reciente campaña presidencial de Estados Unidos se centró [...]
Lea el texto en Español aquí For the Americas, 2012 was largely a positive year in many ways. As important economic and social indicators show an improvement, there is a sense of optimism throughout the region, especially in Latin America. While the United States’ presidential campaign, which polarised ideas and citizens earlier this year, focused [...]
Corruption in the police force is the top corruption issue for citizens in many countries across the world. In 31 of the 100 countries covered by our global survey, people told us the police are the most corrupt institution in their country. Read the personal experience of TI staff who have faced the dilemmas of [...]
It was definitely coming, even inevitable. The final act began about two weeks ago with a raid on Rosoboronservice, state-owned company under the Russian ministry of defence and ended this week with the dismissal of Russia’s defence minister, one of the top powerful men in the government, presumably as a result of the investigation of the alleged fraud in his ministry. What happened in between illustrates how [...]
- Thanks, British taxpayer! Thanks Royal Bank of Scotland 22 May 2013
- UNCAC Coalition asks UN meeting to take action for transparency and accountability 22 May 2013
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- “But are you a real doctor?” Shortcut doctorates in Germany 26 March 2013
- Mohssin Faraji: We have been plagued with ANCFCC LAND CORRUPTION f...
- Discount Oakley Big Taco Sunglasses Best Sale: montand satisfying calamitous Maso Birmingham mari...
- Discount Oakley Big Taco Sunglasses Clearance Outlet: Anyone who comes out and fights in response to Ran...
- a far more unconventional wedding dress might be thought of contemporary: Someone essentially assist to make significantly p...
- thong tin doanh nghiep, tra cu ma so thue , mst doanh nghiep , nganh nghe cong ty , tra cuu thong tin: I've read several excellent stuff here. Certainly...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter