Marcia Reis es activista de la red Amarribo Brasil, socio de Transparency International (TI) en Brasil, quien fue arrestada por denunciar corrupción. Desafortunadamente, en este país quienes denuncian corrupción son considerados traidores, y de manera muy frecuente, son víctimas de amenazas y persecuciones. “Cuando un activista denuncia pasa a ser perseguido por quien es denunciado”. […]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against […]
Lea el texto en Español aquí For the Americas, 2012 was largely a positive year in many ways. As important economic and social indicators show an improvement, there is a sense of optimism throughout the region, especially in Latin America. While the United States’ presidential campaign, which polarised ideas and citizens earlier this year, focused […]
Marta Erquicia, Senior Programme Coordinator in the Americas Department of Transparency International, explains how new technologies can be used to oversee political processes. Several presidential, regional and municipal elections were held between October and November in Latin America: In Argentina, Cristina Kirchner won by an overwhelming majority; in Guatemala, for the first time after the […]
Alejandro Salas is the Regional Director for the Americas at Transparency International. The following article was first published on Fox News Latino. December 9, declared as International Anti-Corruption Day by the United Nations in 2003, should be a day of concern and reflection for every citizen around the world. We are all affected, in one […]
Transparency International’s newly released 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index features some interesting results for the Americas. Alejandro Salas, Transparency International’s Regional Director for the Americas, takes a look behind the scenes. He discusses the trends, challenges ahead and the progress made in the region. The 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index ranks 183 countries, 32 of which are […]
Alejandro Salas is the Regional Director for the Americas at Transparency International. The following article was first published on Fox News. As a Mexican living in GermanyI sometimes forget certain things about my country of origin. I am not referring to my mother’s breakfast enchiladas or the long spicy lunches on Saturdays eating with friends […]
Climate change and corruption risks in Peru: The launch of TI’s Global Corruption Report on Climate Change in Lima
Samuel Rotta Castilla and Magaly Ávila work on the Climate Governance Integrity Programme at TI’s Peruvian chapter Proética. They talk about what TI’s Global Corruption Report on Climate Change means for Peru. Peru is one of only 17 megadiverse countries, and home to around 80 per cent of the world’s biodiversity. 50 per cent of […]
Cambio Climático y riesgos de corrupción en el Perú. El Informe Global de Corrupción sobre Cambio Climático fue presentado en Lima
Escrito por Samuel Rotta Castilla y Magaly Ávila, Proética (Transparency International Peru). Perú es uno de los 17 países considerados megadiversos en el mundo, aquellos que concentran el 80% de la biodiversidad y casi la mitad de la diversidad cultural mundial. 50% de las exportaciones peruanas provienen de la explotación de los recursos biológicos, y […]
Marta Erquicia is a Senior Programme Coordinator for the Americas at Transparency International. In 1996, countries across the Americas joined forces to establish the Inter-American Convention against Corruption in response to a string of high level corruption scandals that hit the region. It was the first time globally that states agreed on having a joint […]
- Bulgarian politics: how to ensure a referendum fails 23 November 2015
- Why good governance in football associations matters 18 November 2015
- The first step toward creating Slovenia’s legislative footprint 16 November 2015
- Anti-corruption reform in Ukraine: going round in circles 16 November 2015
- Cuando la transparencia manda 13 November 2015
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption 6 November 2015
- New milestone in fight against global corruption 28 September 2015
- Practicing open data: publishing court decisions in Germany 28 September 2015
- After peaceful elections Ivory Coast must build on its commitments to fight corruption 29 October 2015
- Asset recovery: where are we now? 30 October 2015
- Gary Mortimer: Of course civil society has an important role to p...
- SAMI CHERIF: http://tunisie-telegraph.com/2015/11/10/%D8%AD%D8%...
- JB Smith: The United States has its share of corruption. Vi...
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
- Asset recovery: where are we now? | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
Latest news from Transparency International
- How transparent are telecommunications companies?
- Football Associations: One more reason FIFA needs independent reform
- Time to get serious about cleaning up lobbying!
- José Ugaz de Transparency International presenta el concurso Desenmascarar a los Corruptos
- Transparency International Chair José Ugaz launches Unmask the Corrupt contest