The issue of whether or not to bail out the troubled banking sector in Cyprus has taken on serious political overtones as the crisis deepens. During the past few weeks Cyprus has been accused of failing to combat money laundering and fraud and that Russian oligarchs seek refuge for their money in this “tax haven” [...]
This text was crossposted from Transparency Internarional EU’s blog. The author is Neil Clark. On 10 January, advocates from the Transparency International EU Office attended a presentation unveiling the results of Project BOWNET. Carried out with financial support from the Prevention of and Fight against Crime Programme of the European Union, the project aimed at understanding the feasibility of developing an intelligent system able [...]
The OECD has accused France of not responding effectively to the problem of international corruption. The third monitoring report on France’s implementation of the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention did cite some progress: efforts have been taken to make businesses aware of the need to fight corruption and implement corruption prevention measures. But the rest of the [...]
The following post is one in a series of blogs that will focus on codes of conduct over the coming weeks. The posts will look at the key features of a code of conduct, their different applications in different country contexts, the public officials that they cover, and their overall effectiveness. Most importantly, they will [...]
The Group of 20 major world economies made an ambitious commitment: In their Anti-Corruption Action Plan they promised to enact and implement whistleblower protection rules by the end of 2012, based on existing best practice. Doubts remain whether these commitments will indeed be implemented while the need for effective protection of those who dare to [...]
Jacques Terray, member of TI’s board since November 2010, talks about the challenges of bringing corruption to justice in France. What are the anti-corruption challenges in France? France is a good pupil of the anti-corruption movement. The government leads international efforts, it was one of the first countries to ratify the OECD and UN conventions [...]
Robert Barrington is Director of External Affairs at Transparency International UK The UK has had a long wait for a law that is compliant with the 1997 OECD Anti-Bribery Convention, and this week the Government finally announced that the 2010 Bribery Act will come into force in July. It is a good law, and builds [...]
This post has been written by Chandrashekhar Krishnan, Executive Director, Transparency International UK. On 9th April, a new Bribery Act was passed into law. This will help to restore the UK’s reputation for taking corruption seriously by ensuring the UK is compliant with the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention. It also sends out a strong message to [...]
Transparency International (TI) Germany’s work in support of strengthening adherence to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises got a boost on July 4th when the European Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) adopted a “Resolution on Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe”. The resolution urges European lawmakers and corporations to commit to corporate social responsibility (CSR) as a [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Money laundering – are BVI leaks a game changer? 8 April 2013
- Carola: Thanks Dorthea!...
- Dorthea: Your style is so unique in comparison to other peo...
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter