Imagine you were asked to work seven days a week, with no lunch breaks and no overtime pay. That you were forbidden to take a five-minute pause, or even to sit down. And if you complained, you would be fired on the spot. Until recently, this was the situation that faced four female employees of […]
All this week in the run up to International Women’s Day on 8 March, we’ve been celebrating female corruption fighters from across the world and asking YOU to share the names of women who have motivated you to stand up for justice and demand accountability at #WomenAgainstCorruption. From hard-hitting magistrates to celebrities and indefatigable rights […]
Saturday 8 March is International Women’s Day, and to mark the occasion we’re celebrating women corruption fighters across the world! All this week we’ll be interviewing some of the many remarkable women who fight corruption in our movement, and on Friday we’ll be profiling the women who spur YOU on to stand up against injustice. […]
International anti-corruption day may have come and gone, but 9 December also offers the chance to look to where else the fight remains to stop the corrupt in their tracks. Nowhere is this more urgent than in the fight against poverty. “To end poverty, you have to end corruption” is a call to action that […]
In the late 1800s a British settler set up a general trading store on the banks of the pristine Lake Izabal in the remote eastern part of Guatemala. The shop, being the only supplier of goods for kilometres around, drew a throng of support from the surrounding villages and soon the area around it developed […]
Malawi is facing a crisis of confidence. Aid donors, whose contributions make up 40 per cent of the government’s budget, have stopped signing cheques following a corruption scandal that has skimmed off US$250 million that was supposed to be used to help the poor. Not surprisingly, many people are asking what went wrong. What they […]
هذه التدوينة تصدر ضمن سلسلة تستند إلى مقالات من مشروع ‘امتلك المعلومة : الحصول على المعلومات في الشرق الأوسط و شمال أفريقيا‘ وراء مركز التجارة العالمي المصري بواجهته المهيبة اللامعة، الذي يقع على كورنيش النيل في القاهرة، تجد مستشفى بولاق أبو العلا البالي. هناك كومة من القمامة تحيط بجدران المستشفى الرثة، لتضيف إلى هذا التناقض […]
This blog post is part of a series drawing on articles from the forthcoming project It Belongs to You: Public Information in the Middle East and North Africa. Behind the imposing edifice of the shiny Egyptian World Trade Centre on the corniche in Cairo lies the decrepit hospital of Boulaq Abu Ela. A rubbish heap […]
لقراءة هذا التدوينة بالعربية اضغطوا على هذا الرابط Billions of Yemeni public money is reported missing, endangering vital projects for the Yemeni people. Together with a film crew from MIND Media Innovation & Development we follow brave activists and their quest to find the missing billions. We met Ahmed Saif Hashid and Naif Hassan, two […]
Two years ago a doctors’ strike threatened to paralyse Slovak healthcare. Over the previous years, healthcare expenditure in Slovakia had already risen to nine per cent of GDP. And while inefficiencies were widely suspected, the overall message from the strike seemed clear: Slovak healthcare needs more funds. Then at TI Slovakia we calculated that 21 […]
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Arte callejero anticorrupción: Préstame tu pared 15 April 2014
- Bangladesh factory safety in spotlight 10 April 2014
- Haiti: a new anti-corruption law brings hope 7 April 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- Champion for women’s rights in Pakistan 3 March 2014
- Missing Pieces: Microfinance and Profits, Colonialism’s Effects, and More | DI-2014: […] and New Zealand tie for the top spot, fo...
- legal roids: Another interesting post on your site, keep up goo...
- μπομπονιερες βαπτισης: I must thank you for the efforts youve put in penn...
- e juice: I think this is one of the most significant info f...
- water damage restoration dallas tx: My spouse and i got excited that Ervin could carr...