This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and [...]
A forthcoming report by Global Financial Integrity finds that Zambia lost US$8.8 billion in illicit financial outflows from 2001-2010
Mapping different data sets from a country – with bright colours and click-through functions – may be a visual delight for developers and the tech-savvy, but what do these maps offer those crafting public policies? After all, the point of open data is to make more accountable and effective decision-making – whether it is about [...]
From Warsaw to Busan, governance is being touted as key to development. But what does this mean for anti-corruption? Transparency International’s Craig Fagan and Benjamin Norsworthy report. December has been a busy time for policy wonks and practitioners who are hectically debating development’s flavor du jour: governance. Heads of state and civil society leaders are [...]
Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, is taking the measuring stick to aid transparency A new study on donor transparency shows that many aid agencies are not putting into practice the levels of disclosure that they typically demand from the governments which receive their money. Produced by Publish What You Fund, the global [...]
How much money are donors giving to Liberia, Peru and Sri Lanka? It sounds like a simple question and one that should have a quick answer – but it does not. Donors have pledged in international agreements to provide such information by making their aid more open and effective, but most have failed to fulfill [...]
By Zoe Reiter and Max Heywood, TI’s Americas department. Lea este artículo en español aquí We were recently in Peru with three of our national chapters to discuss the findings of a TI pilot project Economic Equality in Latin America that aims to make Conditional Cash Transfer programmes (CCTs) in Bolivia, Guatemala, and Peru more [...]
En imágenes: Trabajando con Comunidades Vulnerables para Fortalecer los Programas de Transferencias Condicionadas en Latinoamérica
Zoe Reiter y Max Heywood, Departamento de las Americas de TI. Read this article in English here Recientemente estuvimos en Perú con tres de nuestros capítulos nacionales para discutir los resultados preliminares del proyecto piloto EELA (Economic Equality in Latin America – Igualdad Económica en Latinoamérica) que apunta a lograr programas de transferencias condicionadas (PTCs) [...]
Emerging issues, new tools and approaches, strategies and lessons learnt in the fight against corruption will be discussed over the couple of next days as part of the Europe and Central Asia Meeting taking place from 15-17 June in the FYR of Macedonia. The meeting, organised by Transparency International’s chapter Transparency Zero-Corruption and the national [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- The banks of Cyprus and the pursuit of integrity 20 March 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
- Georgiana: Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog...
- Read Full Report: Your advice is amazingly significant....
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter
Latest news from Transparency International
- Public input sought on gold standard for corporate anti bribery practices
- Talking corruption and climate change in Latin America: live video stream
- La liberté d’expression en péril au Burundi
- Freedom of expression at risk in Burundi
- Bulgaria: Rock bottom election turnout exposes accountability failure of political class