Michael was the only person in the village who could speak English. He had learned it in Australia, and talked with a gentle upwards incline. As I spoke Michael interpreted into Suau (the local language), pausing intermittently for responses from the crowd. My audience was intimidatingly large – huddled rows of crossed legs and expectant […]
Fighting corruption and improving governance are undeniably key factors for achieving and sustaining development, globally as well as nationally. Until now, however, corruption and governance often have not been fully integrated into development agendas and efforts, most notably global commitments like the Millennium Development Goals, which were agreed in 2000 and are to be achieved […]
This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and […]
A forthcoming report by Global Financial Integrity finds that Zambia lost US$8.8 billion in illicit financial outflows from 2001-2010
Mapping different data sets from a country – with bright colours and click-through functions – may be a visual delight for developers and the tech-savvy, but what do these maps offer those crafting public policies? After all, the point of open data is to make more accountable and effective decision-making – whether it is about […]
From Warsaw to Busan, governance is being touted as key to development. But what does this mean for anti-corruption? Transparency International’s Craig Fagan and Benjamin Norsworthy report. December has been a busy time for policy wonks and practitioners who are hectically debating development’s flavor du jour: governance. Heads of state and civil society leaders are […]
Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, is taking the measuring stick to aid transparency A new study on donor transparency shows that many aid agencies are not putting into practice the levels of disclosure that they typically demand from the governments which receive their money. Produced by Publish What You Fund, the global […]
How much money are donors giving to Liberia, Peru and Sri Lanka? It sounds like a simple question and one that should have a quick answer – but it does not. Donors have pledged in international agreements to provide such information by making their aid more open and effective, but most have failed to fulfill […]
By Zoe Reiter and Max Heywood, TI’s Americas department. Lea este artículo en español aquí We were recently in Peru with three of our national chapters to discuss the findings of a TI pilot project Economic Equality in Latin America that aims to make Conditional Cash Transfer programmes (CCTs) in Bolivia, Guatemala, and Peru more […]
En imágenes: Trabajando con Comunidades Vulnerables para Fortalecer los Programas de Transferencias Condicionadas en Latinoamérica
Zoe Reiter y Max Heywood, Departamento de las Americas de TI. Read this article in English here Recientemente estuvimos en Perú con tres de nuestros capítulos nacionales para discutir los resultados preliminares del proyecto piloto EELA (Economic Equality in Latin America – Igualdad Económica en Latinoamérica) que apunta a lograr programas de transferencias condicionadas (PTCs) […]
- Anti-corruption compliance in Russia: a way forward 19 September 2014
- FIFA: how to win back trust 19 September 2014
- G20 Meets to Act on Corporate Taxes – But More Needed on Corruption 18 September 2014
- Observing elections: Tunisia’s I Watch breaks new ground 18 September 2014
- A promising step in Costa Rica: now for the real challenge 16 September 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Rueben Lifuka: The plight of Marwa Abu Odeh and her family and th...
- International Youth Day – Corruption Fighters In The Making | Transparency International-Philippines: […] From Transparency International by Katin...
- EMPOWERING YOUTH: ANTI-CORRUPTION KIT FOR YOUNG ACTIVISTS | Youth Proactive: […] it comes to fighting corruption, many yo...
- Messi and the International Impunity System « Global Financial Integrity: […] Cross-posted from Transparency Internati...
- Felicitas Hackmann: While some people demonstrate and others donate, s...