It’s the blockbuster policy book of the year: Thomas Piketty’s weighty Capital in the 21st Century, a 600 plus-page analysis of the scale and perils of rising inequality. As Piketty argues, wealth and return on capital are growing faster than the overall economy and income from labour. Making matters worse, labour income is becoming increasingly […]
Last September G20 leaders moved towards greater transparency to crack down on tax evasion. They promised a “new global standard” to increase the exchange of financial information between countries. Whereas today tax authorities have to chase information from others authorities if and when they suspect foul play, this new standard will require any jurisdiction signing […]
Austria needs to make its banks more transparent and join the international movement to end secrecy in the fight against illicit financial flows and tax evasion as Dr. Kurt Bayer and Dr. Edith Kitzmantel of Transparency International Austria explain. Last month Austria’s Chancellor Werner Faymann signaled that Austria is ready to make the country’s notoriously […]
The UK Government has announced that transparency and anti-corruption will be key elements at the G8 summit this year. Much needed action on money laundering provides an opportunity to live up to that promise. Corrupt money flows through the UK – in particular through our financial services industry. Nobody knows how much, but it is […]
The Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development has changed its name to the Financial Transparency Coalition. Porter McConnell, its new manager, explains why. When the Task Force on Financial Integrity and Economic Development was created in 2009, only a handful of experts were following the issue of illicit financial flows. The subject was […]
Reposted from the blog of the Task Force for Financial Integrity & Economic Development. Task Force member Global Financial Integrity released their newest report on illicit financial flows from the developing world last night. The report found that $5.86 trillion left the developing world due to crime, corruption, and tax evasion from 2001-2010, $859 billion […]
- Un viraje clave hacia la lucha contra la corrupción para la iniciativa de la OGP 28 October 2014
- A Critical Pivot towards Anti-corruption for the OGP Initiative 28 October 2014
- Speaking up for Greek whistleblowers 28 October 2014
- No a la impunidad: la ley se abre paso en las investigaciones 24 October 2014
- No impunity: the law steps in to investigate 22 October 2014
- Judiciary the weakest link in Cambodia’s Integrity System 29 September 2014
- G20 Meets to Act on Corporate Taxes – But More Needed on Corruption 18 September 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- Thuli Madonsela: Corruption eats away at the soul of the nation 17 October 2014
- Money-laundering: too important to leave to the experts alone 21 October 2014
- VKGupta, India: Great, we in India also need such dedication to er...
- Peter Kumwenda: This is a good step taken by the United States. In...
- Thuli Madonsela- Integrity Award Winner 2014 | Transparency International-Philippines: […] Read our Q+A with Thuli Madonsela here....
- Chris: Hi Max Interesting article, the only flaw with ...
- Money Laundering: Too Important To Leave To The Experts Alone « Financial Transparency Coalition: […] Read this blog in Spanish here. […...
Latest news from Transparency International
Error: Feed is temporarily unavailable