This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and [...]
We told communities to pick their own development agenda, then asked local politicians to commit to fulfilling that agenda. People were able to pick the issues that matter to them, and clearly described what they expect their leaders to deliver.
Transparency International Uganda invited our defence and security team to assess the country’s needs on anti-corruption police training. Nick Seymour and Sir Stewart Eldon, senior consultants to the defence team, visited Uganda in July. Here’s their account of the experience. Despite President Museveni’s policy of zero tolerance to corruption, in place since 2006, Uganda has [...]
It was another day of fieldwork; the project officer arrived at Amach health centre IV in Lira district, Northern Uganda at 9:15am and was welcomed by the security guard. No health worker had started working yet. He found 15 patients seated waiting for health service. By 10:20am 78 patients had lined up. Patients could not [...]
Concerning findings in a report released by TI’s East Africa chapters today. People in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda were asked about their experiences with bribery and their responses show that the police is the institution most prone to bribery across all countries (Uganda’s police service tops the list). The prevalence of bribery to [...]
Transparency International’s Annual Report highlights work from more than 100 countries around the world. The following extract looks at how TI Development Pacts can facilitate common goals and improve governance and transparency of communities and their representatives. No one from Kyebe in Uganda would have dreamed it. The community has become a model example of [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Money laundering – are BVI leaks a game changer? 8 April 2013
- Carola: Thanks Dorthea!...
- Dorthea: Your style is so unique in comparison to other peo...
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter