Transparency International Hungary will again be present at this year’s Sziget Festival – the biggest music festival in Hungary and one of the biggest in Europe. As part of our chapter’s “It’s time to get moving” campaign, dance flashmobs will be present throughout the festival, culminating in a gigantic dance event on 9 August at […]
Our chapter in Lithuania in cooperation with the Sunlight Foundation held an international conference that brings together IT developers and NGOs to talk about online transparency initiatives, public monitoring of and citizen engagement in democratic processes from March 29-30. The event featured around 30 international speakers from more than 20 countries exchanging ideas about how […]
In Latin America, whistleblowing has become a crucial issue in the fight against corruption. The term refers to those who report to the authorities or other responsible parties when they witness wrongdoing. Whistleblowing is often a valuable means of shedding light on instances of corruption and malpractice that may otherwise slip beneath the radar. But […]
This past December, Russians took to the streets to protest parliamentary elections widely seen as tilted in favour of the ruling United Russia party. As we reported on our blog, Transparency International’s Russian chapter was active in monitoring electoral improprieties and continues to work with other civil society organisations to support Russian citizens trying to […]
Madam Ellen Johnson Sirleaf , who was recently jointly awarded the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, has been re-elected as President of Liberia and has pledged to fight corruption during her second term. The challenge, says Annette Jaitner, Senior Programme Coordinator in Transparency International’s Africa and Middle East Department, is making sure that young people are […]
Annette Jaitner, Senior Programme Coordinator in our Africa and the Middle East Department, writes about an alternative approach some of our African chapters are using to engage people in anti-corruption work Our African chapters in Ghana, Liberia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia are supporting poor communities to make their films that highlight the problems […]
Andrea Figari is a Global Programmes Manager in the Global Outreach and Campaigns Department at Transparency International What does it take to find out… what your country is doing to fight corruption? whether the school that your children go to has received the right budget allocation? who your Prime Minister or President meets during […]
Climbing the steps in Hotel Meliá’s lobby, I was faced with two options. To my right, double doors opened onto a large conference room abuzz with men in suits. ‘Opportunities and Incentives for Hydrocarbon Exploration in Central America and the Caribbean’ read the sign on the door. To my left, Transparency International’s (TI) Dominican chapter, […]
By Stephanie Chow of Towards Transparency, the TI national contact in Vietnam. Youth can play an important role in the fight against corruption. This is one of the findings of the Youth Integrity Survey carried out by young volunteers, students and recent graduates across 11 different provinces from major cities to small rural communities across […]
La Oficina de Asistencia Legal Anticorrupción abrirá sus puertas en Venezuela. Por Mercedes De Freitas, Directora Ejecutiva, Transparencia Venezuela. Read this article in English here. “Mis hijos querían irse con la abuela en sus vacaciones para Boconó y tuve que sacar el permiso de viaje para menores de edad. Aún cuando llevé toda la documentación […]
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Arte callejero anticorrupción: Préstame tu pared 15 April 2014
- Bangladesh factory safety in spotlight 10 April 2014
- Haiti: a new anti-corruption law brings hope 7 April 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Bosnians demand a change 18 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- μπομπονιερες βαπτισης: I must thank you for the efforts youve put in penn...
- e juice: I think this is one of the most significant info f...
- water damage restoration dallas tx: My spouse and i got excited that Ervin could carr...
- mbt sko salg: Debatten har gått høyt de siste dagene, ...
- Marian Koenigsman: Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blo...