Transparency International Hungary will again be present at this year’s Sziget Festival – the biggest music festival in Hungary and one of the biggest in Europe. As part of our chapter’s “It’s time to get moving” campaign, dance flashmobs will be present throughout the festival, culminating in a gigantic dance event on 9 August at […]
Our chapter in Lithuania in cooperation with the Sunlight Foundation held an international conference that brings together IT developers and NGOs to talk about online transparency initiatives, public monitoring of and citizen engagement in democratic processes from March 29-30. The event featured around 30 international speakers from more than 20 countries exchanging ideas about how […]
In Latin America, whistleblowing has become a crucial issue in the fight against corruption. The term refers to those who report to the authorities or other responsible parties when they witness wrongdoing. Whistleblowing is often a valuable means of shedding light on instances of corruption and malpractice that may otherwise slip beneath the radar. But […]
This past December, Russians took to the streets to protest parliamentary elections widely seen as tilted in favour of the ruling United Russia party. As we reported on our blog, Transparency International’s Russian chapter was active in monitoring electoral improprieties and continues to work with other civil society organisations to support Russian citizens trying to […]
Madam Ellen Johnson Sirleaf , who was recently jointly awarded the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, has been re-elected as President of Liberia and has pledged to fight corruption during her second term. The challenge, says Annette Jaitner, Senior Programme Coordinator in Transparency International’s Africa and Middle East Department, is making sure that young people are […]
Annette Jaitner, Senior Programme Coordinator in our Africa and the Middle East Department, writes about an alternative approach some of our African chapters are using to engage people in anti-corruption work Our African chapters in Ghana, Liberia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia are supporting poor communities to make their films that highlight the problems […]
Andrea Figari is a Global Programmes Manager in the Global Outreach and Campaigns Department at Transparency International What does it take to find out… what your country is doing to fight corruption? whether the school that your children go to has received the right budget allocation? who your Prime Minister or President meets during […]
Climbing the steps in Hotel Meliá’s lobby, I was faced with two options. To my right, double doors opened onto a large conference room abuzz with men in suits. ‘Opportunities and Incentives for Hydrocarbon Exploration in Central America and the Caribbean’ read the sign on the door. To my left, Transparency International’s (TI) Dominican chapter, […]
By Stephanie Chow of Towards Transparency, the TI national contact in Vietnam. Youth can play an important role in the fight against corruption. This is one of the findings of the Youth Integrity Survey carried out by young volunteers, students and recent graduates across 11 different provinces from major cities to small rural communities across […]
La Oficina de Asistencia Legal Anticorrupción abrirá sus puertas en Venezuela. Por Mercedes De Freitas, Directora Ejecutiva, Transparencia Venezuela. Read this article in English here. “Mis hijos querían irse con la abuela en sus vacaciones para Boconó y tuve que sacar el permiso de viaje para menores de edad. Aún cuando llevé toda la documentación […]
- A promising step in Costa Rica: now for the real challenge 16 September 2014
- Un paso prometedor en Costa Rica: ahora comienza el verdadero desafío 16 September 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- Working together to stop fake agricultural products in Uganda 28 August 2014
- Lessons from the election: low levels of transparency raise red flags in Turkey 27 August 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- Messi and the International Impunity System 7 August 2014
- Rueben Lifuka: The plight of Marwa Abu Odeh and her family and th...
- International Youth Day – Corruption Fighters In The Making | Transparency International-Philippines: […] From Transparency International by Katin...
- EMPOWERING YOUTH: ANTI-CORRUPTION KIT FOR YOUNG ACTIVISTS | Youth Proactive: […] it comes to fighting corruption, many yo...
- Messi and the International Impunity System « Global Financial Integrity: […] Cross-posted from Transparency Internati...
- Felicitas Hackmann: While some people demonstrate and others donate, s...